domingo, 12 de fevereiro de 2012

If you use Google Chrome for translation of documents, are you happy with it

Hilarious_lost_in_translation_signs_38

 

 

 

I use it to have a good laugh. I am a technical translator where 20% accounts for excellent language skills and 80% account for technical knowledge, the one you have because you have a professional background in the areas you translate.

 

Translating from English into any Romance language is always a good laugh, the only pair of languages that is somewhat “workable” in Google translating, or any other translation feature such as that one, is English – Dutch, and that is because both languages have some similarities.

 

I definitely could never use Google translation or any such translation service in my job as a technical translator; I do not even use dictionaries, it is a niche market and it depends entirely on my technical knowledge – when I read the original text, if I do not immediately understand it I cannot translate it.

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário