terça-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2012

And what, pray tell, are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Hearts10

 

 

 

 

I have no plans for Valentine’s Day by my express wish – I never liked special days to show love affection or to have fun (Carnival). I am sadly convinced it is no more than a way to sell some horrid little gifts (sorry but what I see in the store’s windows frightens anyone) for which I have no use and I can hardly believe in love letters or words that are given on this specific day.

 

Anyway, to reciprocate your lovely video here is a poem, for those that love reading and poetry, by a known Portuguese poet, Fernando Pessoa. It is works of art please don’t use machine translation or you will lose the beauty of love in its utmost simplicity. And be aware of Brazilian translation too. There is a song too.

 

“Por quem foi que me trocaram
Quando estava a olhar pra ti?
Pousa a tua mão na minha
E, sem me olhares, sorri.

Sorri do teu pensamento
Porque eu só quero pensar
Que é de mim que ele está feito
É que tens para mo dar.

Depois aperta-me a mão
E vira os olhos a mim...
Por quem foi que me trocaram
Quando estás a olhar-me assim?”

Fernando Pessoa

 

 

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário